AirFlo M Duo - UK
- Fast shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The AirFlo M is our more compact and slim design in the AirFlo series. The AirFlo M Duo also provides you with 3 sets of springs so that your 4th axis stabilizer will support gimbals using anything from a light phone, all the way up to a heavy mirrorless DSLR.
The shorter stabilizer and more robust build have also improved the smoothing ability of the AirFlo M Duo, making it one of the best stabilising tools available for modern gimbals.
The following video is of the AirFlo M's big brother but many of the features are the same or similar. Video coming soon!
|Comparing the AirFlo Duo to the AirFlo M Duo|
|AirFlo Duo||AirFlo M Duo|
|Mounts||Modular - comes with Base Mount 1/4-20 but can take others||Base Mount 1/4-20 only|
|Springs||1 set||3 sets|
|User Changed Springs||No||Yes|
|Payload Range||Only one of the following Springs||All 3 Springs included|
|Light||450g to 1.0kg (1 - 2.2pounds)||600g to 1.1kg (1.3 - 2.4 pounds)|
|Medium||850g - 2.5kg (1.9 - 5.5pounds)||1.1kg - 1.7kg (2.4 - 4 pounds)|
|Heavy||2.6kg - 4.2kg (5.7 - 9pounds)||1.7kg - 3kg (4 - 6.6 pounds)|
The AirFlo M Duo is such great value with its ultra-compact size and its lightweight dual-handle dual-suspension 4th axis stabilizer that's built to make your bumpy gimbal footage buttery smooth.
We've taken out the 'fluff' and added all the best bits from our popular stabilizers and distilled it down into this new ultra-compact and lightweight 4th axis or z-axis stabilizer - and it's now the best 'bang for your buck' 4th axis stabilizer on the market by a long shot!
With the reversible 1/4-20 mount, you can attach most gimbals with a 1/4-20 in their base and also switch it from upright to inverted for that Ronin M form factor that so many really love.
We're incredibly proud of this design!
The design goals were to reduce its size and make it work with more payloads while improving on our industry-standard bounce reduction at the same time.
We have had many requests for a reduced overall width to better suit smaller operators or for when you're working in tight spaces.
This system with 3 sets of easily changed springs gives you one 4th axis for most of your rigs.
- Its packed size is small
- It's around half the weight of the Pro 3
- The bounce damping uses PTFE to give 'fluid-like' damping
- 16 stainless steel bearings to make it glide even softer.
- The gimbal screw has a deep 1/4-20 in its base for attaching gimbal extenders or other gear.
- We made it strong but light with specialised internal strengthening
- This is now our most refined geometry - all payloads give silky smooth iso-elastic suspension.
- The handles lean ever so slightly forward - This prevents rigs from wobbling forward and aft which can translate into unwanted vertical bouncing.
- Handles come with 1/4-20 attachment points for monitors and audio.
With practice using the AirFlo M Duo you’ll be able to achieve footage that is at least as smooth as the bigger AirFlo Duo and almost as smooth as our Glider Pro 3 models in a much lighter rig. Once you master it you can even achieve footage that looks like it’s shot on rails! We have a comprehensive user guide to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
An Ultra-Compact Powerhouse
I think the huge plus for me is that I can take everything I need for a shoot; lights, audio recorder etc. and it all fits in a backpack so there’s no need for an assistant. But the real biggie is that you’ll be hard pressed to see the difference between footage shot on the new AirFlo Duo rig and the footage shot on a system totalling many thousands.
Some other important features;-
- It’s built extra tough for the rigours of day to day use
- With an optional gimbal extender it allows you to use your gimbals mini tripod so you can rest your arms between takes
- It’s been designed to be quiet so your audio won’t be ruined by the creaks and squeaks that those cheap Z stabilizers have.
- Packs down into an ultra compact size for those times when backpack space is tight!
- You can leave the tools at home with virtually tool-less adjustments in only seconds, not minutes
- A wide range of payloads with 3 Spring Sets
- Dual independent adjustable damping - from hard action to soft shots
- Dual independent load adjusters to adapt to your rig
- Adjust in minutes from high shot to upright to mid-height to low (briefcase) mode with an under-slung gimbal
- Get buttery smooth footage with little practice
- Built super tough from lightweight engineering polymers - Only 1kg (2.2 pounds) when in use.
- Handles come with 1/4-20 attachment points for monitors and audio
- Comes almost fully assembled
Jeff Foster, Top Television & Film Pro, reviews our AirFlo M Duo 4th Axis used with his Ronin S.
Spring Change Video
The AirFlo M Duo 4th axis stabilizer comes with 3 sets of different strength springs.
It comes with the Medium Springs installed but can easily be changed over in just minutes.
The payload weight is worked out by adding all your equipment that is mounted to the 4th axis stabilizer (i.e. camera, gimbal, follow focus servo, etc).
|Spring||Payload Range||Rig Types|
|Heavy||1.7kg - 3kg (4 - 6.6 pounds)||Mirrorless and DSLR|
|Medium||1.1kg - 1.7kg (2.4 - 4 pounds)||compact camera, light mirrorless|
|Light||600g to 1.1kg (1.3 - 2.4 pounds)||Large Smartphone|
What's in the Box:
- AirFlo M Duo Stabilizer
- Left and Right Handles
- Lubricating Grease
- 2 Bolted Knobs
- 3 sets of Springs - Light, Medium (installed), Heavy
- M2.5 Allen Key for spring changes
- Detailed Instruction Manual
|Weight - excluding extras||1kg (2.2 pounds)|
Operating Temperature Range
|-50C to 65C (-24F to 150F)|